“Snake” was a game introduced in the 70s and took the world by storm, becoming one of the most addictive games of the time. The very first Snake-type game was an arcade game called Blockade. It was created by Gremlin way back in 1976. TWO. Its popularity grew throughout the 80s when it made its way onto early Texas Instruments calculators, and home computers such as the Apple II, the Commodore 64 and the BBC Micro. Have a go at an original snake game here: https://playsnake.org
1. Watch the Ted-talk of Shanna Zwart, one of the most trending and successful shoutcasters of the Netherlands.
2. Group chat: Do you have any example of how gaming have effected your life that you would like to share?
3. Visit the webpage https://playsnake.org and try out the original game.
4. See document in resources for step by step instructions on how to code your own pong game.
Your code should…
- Be written with subroutines.
- Enable the user to move around the screen as a caterpillar to collect leaves to grow its tail, using the arrow keys.
- Display a score to the user.
Great job, you have created your own game using python! Next step is to try to modify the game, making it even better.
- You should be able to confidently use subroutines to separate code.
- You should be able to use turtle graphics to create a simple shape that can move around the screen.
- You shpuld have an idea of how gaming can effect peoples life.