A businessman or businesswoman is an individual who has ownership or shareholdings over a private establishment and undertakes activities (commercial or industrial) to generate cash flow, sales, and revenue by using a combination of human, financial, intellectual and physical capital to fuel economic development and growth.
So… how can we make the job of a businessperson more fun?
Focus group : Is important to learn coding ? Do you think than you could you be able to learn it?
You can use sticky notes to share the different ideas of the participants.
Read the article " 7 Benefits of Learning to Code " as a basis for the discussion. You can also use the other articles in resources if you want other examples.
You can watch also the video about "pixel art" in resources before starting the exercice.
Code your own game that emulates the profit-making nature of a business partner:
- Add on to the template provided to create functionality to the cat sprite
- Adapt the code to make it your own.
Congratulation, you are now able to create a game that emulates the profit-making nature of a business partner!
The ability to code computer programs is an important part of literacy in today's society. When people learn to code in Scratch, they learn important strategies for solving problems, designing projects, communicating ideas and developping their creativity like with this module.
It could be also helpful to fight against the clichés present in our communities like the businesswoman in superstender.
Finally, you realize that coding could be useful to stay open minded.If you have more time, you can also watch the video about "the benefits of working in international cross-functional teams", this video shows also that coding could be a teamwork.
Next step :
Practice, Practice and Practice!
Continue to learn about coding with scratch. You can test the other modules to feel more comfortable with scratch. Have fun!
- You should be able to learn how to control player movement in Scratch
- You should be able to learn how to respond to sprites interacting with each other
- You should be able to experiment with changing direction and speed of launch in the context of this game.
- You should be able to feel comfortable experimenting with different backgrounds and sprites.