- Scratch is the world’s largest coding community for children and a coding language with a simple visual interface that allows young people to create digital stories, games, and animations. Scratch promotes computational thinking and problem-solving skills; creative teaching and learning; self-expression and collaboration; and equity in computing.
- Scratch is always free and is available in more than 70 languages.
Where to access scratch?
- https://scratch.mit.edu/ - online community: simply create an account to get started
Focus group: Do you know scratch?
Read the article "Scratch Coding: Benefits, Tips & Resources | CodeWizardsHQ" as a basis for the discussion.
At the end of the discusion, you can read the definition in resources.
Discover scratch platform .
Follow the step by step instructions that you can find under Documents in resources.
You can also use video in resources to understand what is scratch.
Congratulation, you are now able to understand the basics of scratch, to grasp the basics of the programming language and to explain it to young people.
Next step :
Practice with the different exercises of the beginner level of the platform to create game with scratch. Have fun!
- You should be able to explain what a variable is and how to create on in scratch.
- You should be able to create a sprite and change its costume
- You should be able to design a backdrop
- You should be able to add sound to your sprite and change the colours of your sprite