1. Group discussion.
Discuss the questions below with your friends:
- Can videogames be bad for you? Why?
- Can videogames be good for you? Why?
2. Read the article from bbc and and watch the video of Stanley Pierre-Louis, President and CEO of Entertainment Software Association talking about Why videogames are good for kids. You find them in Resources.
3. Make a list of the positive things with playing videogames. You can use both facts and opinions from the articles and your own thoughts.
4. Compare your list with your friends.
5. Visit the webpage ponggame.org and try out the original game.
6. See document in resources for step by step instructions on how to code your own pong game.
You are now able to make your own videogame! Try to add more elements to it to customize it to your own verison!
- Learn how to control player movement in Scratch
- Learn how to respond to sprites interacting with each other
- Be comfortable experimenting with different backgrounds, sprites and sound effects
- Learn about pros and cons of videogames